Your tasks - Have an impact!
Ciao Bari! We plan to open a new BurdaForward tech office in beautiful Bari this year and we are looking for great people to join our team!
Do you fancy to create something new? Would you like to make a significant contribution to our company’s future and are you committed to set up our foreign location with your skills and experience? Then it´s a match!
For the launch of our new tech location we look for a tech-focused General Manager (m/f) at BurdaForward in Bari (Italy).
- You´re responsible of the successful launch of our tech location in Bari (Italy)
- You´ll build up a local tech community, increase brand awareness for BurdaForward in Italy and take care of legal concerns
- You´ll be responsible for the recruitment and setup of the development teams in Bari; additionally, you´ll build up your own little team and lead them professionally and disciplinary
- You´ll act as a link between the locations in Munich and Bari and you´re closely involved in the integration of new employees in Bari – you´ll have fun merging the German and Italian culture
- You´ll constantly look for development potential and contribute your creative and innovative ideas
- In all subjects you´ll closely cooperate with the managing and project directors
Your profile - ready to join!
- You´ve completed your degree in engineering, computer science or economics and have several years of experience as senior manager or director
- You feel comfortable in a tech environment and bring expertise in launching a new location or startup – ideally you´ve already managed or worked in a web development team
- You enjoy creating something new and are willing to tackle multiple challenges at once
- You´re an excellent English speaker and fluent in Italian
- Networking is your passion! You´ve got a broad network in the region of Bari
- You’re passionate about BurdaForward and accept the challenge to make BurdaForward big in Italy
What we offer...
- Have an impact - you have the possibility to shape our new tech center from the very beginning!
- We are a 100% subsidiary company of Hubert Burda Media – this implies a unique compatibility of startup-spirit and professional long-term perspectives.
- Mobile first! Every employee receives a smartphone and laptop for private and professional use. You can choose between a Mac or Windows device.
- We have flat hierarchies and encourage an open and direct communication.
- Flexible working hours enable you to arrange a compatible business and private life.
- At BurdaForward you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow – personally and professionally.
If you think this position fits to you and that you can help us to have a successful start in Bari, we would be delighted to talk to you.
More info here: https://www.burda.com/de/karriere/suche/BURDA06125/